Designers take certain liberties and considerations into account when they head out to shop for clients. Here’s your chance to get inside our heads and learn how to shop decor like a pro!
Shop Like A Designer: Your Home Will Thank You
1. Pay Attention to fabrics and textures. These two things can be the difference between something looking luxe or cheap.
2. Shop Seasonally. Not only should your decor change with the season, but end of season sales are gold mines!
3. Shop a bit outside your comfort zone. Pieces purchased when you’re not in “safe mode” are often the biggest statement makers.
4. Consider your space 3 years from now. Spend more on larger pieces that you know will likely be around in 3 years. Save on decor that you’ll likely swap out by then.
5. If you love it, buy it! Even if you don’t have a plan for it right now. If you love it, you’ll find a place for it.
6. Know your stores. If you’re looking for something modern, CB2 is your place. Traditional? Pottery Barn. Know your styles and which stores carry them.
These home design shopping tips were lovingly collected by Kylee T., who wants you to know that her favorite style is eclectic, because she enjoys influences from several different styles – namely boho, glam and modern. If you’re crushing on Kylee’s style, why not book her today and get decorated!
Featured image courtesy of Apparatus.